- Morris Workshop - West Dorsets 'Wyld Morris' a mixed side, dance's Cotswold and Border Traditions. Their workshop offers a chance for dancers to learn something new and beginners to master a full dance. Sticks can be provided, unless you have your own. Suitable for ages 7- 70+ (Under10 s accompanied). A fun taster session at the end of which you will have danced all the figures, with dance choruses of a complete Morris Dance.
- Traditional Country Dance with Ray Goodswen and Jeroka - Church House Hall Traditional Country Dance – will give a flavour of the dances from Playford in the 15th century to the mid 20th century, and yes they can be fun.
- Social Stepping with Simon and Jo Harmer and Jigfoot -Church House Hall Simple steps in polka waltz and jig time from the Southern coastal counties which can be put into social dances developed from New Forest sources, to music played by Jigfoot. Open to all. Hard soled shoes helpful but not essential.
- Modern English Country Dance with Ray Goodswen and Jigfoot - Church House Hall Modern English Country Dance will be dances by more modern choreographers from England and further afield in the English style.
- Scottish Country Dancing with Bridport Scottish Dancers and recorded music - Church House Hall Our Workshop will be a light-hearted introduction to Scottish country dancing which will give participants a taste of what we do, and will hopefully encourage new dancers to join in the fun we have each week. A partner is not necessary, but a pair of light, soft shoes is advised. We look forward to seeing you.
- Creative Inter-generational seated-option Dancing with Petra Hughes Dancing together children and adults of all ages with lots of styles of folk music from around the world. We will dance some simple set dances, some holding hands, some standing - some galloping, and some interpreting improvised movement. For all ages and abilities with or without chairs. Wear layers. Max 20. There will be water available and nice loos.
Become a part of the festival
If you have talents, skills, trades or just want to come and make a worthwhile contribution and help make this exciting festival better, then please do join our team of lively spirited volunteers and helpers. If you can spare just a small bit of time over the festival then we would love to hear from you! bridportfolkfestival.com/volunteers-and-stewarding.html
Bridport Folk Festival 2018. Music, dancing, singing, workshops, songwriting, events, morris, clog, rapper, food, drink, stalls, ceilidh, strict and social dancing, story telling, mummas play, may pole.